Top Fuel 9.8 is a high-performance full suspension mountain bike for endurance racers and riders who don’t settle for one style of riding. It combines the best qualities of XC and trail bikes for an unbelievably fun, efficient and capable rig. It’s fast on flow, shreds big singletrack and conquers endurance events. The 9.8 is built with an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame and across-the-board parts upgrades, including a 120mm FOX Performance 34 Step-Cast fork, Shimano XT drivetrain, and carbon wheels and bars.
It’s right for you if…
You want an efficient, capable, short-travel trail bike that excels at endurance and stage racing and can handle rough trails and even XC races. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a super-light bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, upgraded 120mm Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast Float fork with GRIP damper, 115mm of rear travel with a FOX Performance Float shock and a 1×12 Shimano XT drivetrain. Plus, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, Bontrager Line Pro OCLV Carbon handlebars and upgraded Shimano SLX brakes.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.8 is an efficient, capable and ridiculously fun short-travel carbon trail bike with the performance boost of upgraded parts like the drivetrain, fork and brakes. It’s built to rip technical terrain and descents, speed through flow sections and withstand the beating that endurance races dole out.
Why you’ll love it
- This bike wants to go fast – it’s built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defence to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tyre support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension set-up that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events
If you wish to discuss this product please feel free to call into our store at 269 Burwood Road, contact us by phone on 03-3832114 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assembly by our cycle mechanics will incur a charge, this will include a free 6-week service check when assembled by us.