It’s right for you if…
You want an efficient, capable, short-travel trail bike that excels at endurance and stage racing and can handle rough trails and even XC races. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a super-light bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, upgraded 120 mm Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast Float fork with GRIP damper, 115 mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock and a 1×12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with Truvativ Descendant 7k DUB cranks. Plus, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, Bontrager Kovee Pro OCLV Carbon handlebars and upgraded Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.8 is an efficient, capable and ridiculously fun short-travel carbon trail bike with the performance boost of upgraded parts like the drivetrain, fork and brakes. It’s built to rip technical terrain and descents, speed through flow sections and withstand the beating that endurance races dole out.
Why you’ll love it
- This bike wants to go fast – it’s built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defence to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tyre support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension set-up that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events