Slash 9.8 is a carbon enduro mountain bike built to handle big hits, rail corners and get you both down and up the mountain faster than you ever thought possible. Lightweight and ultra-stiff OCLV Mountain Carbon, carbon wheels, Trek’s exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft shock, and a host of high-performance parts make this 29er mountain bike a worthy contender for any enduro podium.
It’s right for you if…
You’re a serious enduro racer, and you’re looking for a high-performance 29er with a premium parts group that throws down on technical descents and then flies back up the mountain to do it all again.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a RockShox Lyrik Select Plus 160mm fork with plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2.1 RC damper and 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek’s exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a Shimano XT 1×12 drivetrain and Shimano SLX 4-piston brakes, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, Bontrager Line Pro carbon bars and Bontrager Line Carbon 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for quick acceleration when you need it most.
The final word
This is a beast of a mountain bike. The tough OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, Bontrager carbon wheels and high-end spec make Slash 9.8 a ridiculously fast enduro bike. It’s so stable and responsive that the faster you go, the better it rides. If you’re still on the fence about 29ers in rough stuff, Slash will make you a believer.
Why you’ll love it
- The Slash 9.8 is like a mini DH bike: it has the capability of a downhill bike without the downhill weight
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- It’s equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild – Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it’s ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- Control Freak Cable Management allows you to run any combination of cables exactly the way you want, while still giving you sleek looks and protecting your cables against unnecessary wear
If you wish to discuss this product please feel free to call into our store at 269 Burwood Road, contact us by phone on 03-3832114 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assembly by our cycle mechanics will incur a charge, this will include a free 6-week service check when assembled by us.